23.7.05

Why the title

I was recently in Bosnia for 3 weeks and the word for coffee there is "Kaffa." Most Bosnians take coffee very seriously as do I, so immediately there was established between us a common "ground" (if you pardon the pun, which is pretty unpardonable actually).

Check out how they drink it:

"...Black, strong and thick Bosnian coffee is served steaming in demitasse cups. Bosnians place sugar between their teeth as they sip the hot liquid. Taking breaths in-between sips becomes all-important in the process of drinking coffee."

2 Comments:

Blogger Howard said...

I remember taking deep breaths too a few years ago when I tried Louisiana coffee..

6:03 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh man, I wanted to leave the first comment! Oh well. Welcome to the blogosphere Bekah!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home