19.8.05

Yo my brother. This is a shout out to all with 2 hour block insomnia. It's happened to me from 4:45-6:45AM every other morning for a month. I blame jet lag for this new physical development. Well I think everyone should have a new hobby. Insomnia I guess is as good a hobby as any other--as long as it's results and implications are constructive and useful. I'd practice my cello but then there'd be some very disgruntled other house dwellers. So I'm sticking with quieter things.

I've filled most of my wee hours o' morn with journal entrying and trying to get into Mornings on Horseback by David McCullough (if you haven't read him, start with his John Adams first, learn to appreciate McCullough very very much, and then, bearing your appreciation in mind, try and chug through the 80% dry as toast, 20% interesting bio of Teddy Roosevelt. Why do I keep taking on these huge biographies of presidents?). Really, though, read John Adams.

I've also found out that Thumb War is pretty overrated, especially if the battle is against one's self. Not interestingly enough, as regards Thumb War, I've reaffirmed that my right thumb is the dominant thumb. Yawn.

I listen to basement noises (I'm temporarily a post-collegiate house slug). There's the joltful stopping/starting noise of the dehumidifier, the creaking of footsies upstairs carrying late night bathroom trippers, and my fan that has blasted faithfully for me each night since I first began college. I thought I'd weaned myself off the fan but realized something needed to shut up the dehumidifier...so I'm addicted again. My favorite noise, though, is the occasional cat fight sound. Blimey, I wouldn't want to be a cat in one of those.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am currently going through all your blogs posts to remember the fun times we had here in Stafford. :(

Cat fights aren't good as when they mate and it sounds like a murder being committed right outside my window.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home