21.5.07

Addicted

I don't know why I'm subjecting my hair to this...it must be so damaged by now, it's hatin' life (notice how my facial expression looks like I wish to hurt small animals?). But once you start highlighting, unless you paint it all brown again, you have to keep going and going and going, as it becomes lighter and lighter and lighter.

I'm caught in a vicious downward spiral of blond and can't fight my way out. I know that one or two more highlightings from now I will make the decision to take on the mall chick look and start letting dark roots rear their unattractive heads, or make everything all one fakey color in an attempt to recapture my former natural color, if I can remember what that is. Or I could just go the Sinead O'Conner way, which I think would make not a few people very unhappy.

I like blond....a lot. But false blond, no matter how lovely it looks, is like an addictive drug that only leads to despair and destruction, or total, platinum blondness, in the end. I am imprisoned by my ever-lightening hair.

8 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Caulk said...

actually you can do low lights - until your natural colow comes back!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Debbie Caulk said...

Color (sorry!)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

whoa! rheally??

1:24 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I really like it!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bekah,

Do you know how blonds get pregnant?

10:46 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

How? Haha

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bekah,

Really now, you don't know how blonds get pregnant? And you think they're dumb! You need to go have a talk with your mama:)

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, the hair looks great, but then you would look great with any color!

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home