15.10.05

Saturday

Spent most of the morning with the plumber in the new place. Our main sewer was backed up and contents that the pipes rejected were threatening to significantly decrease our standard of living. All's now well but I've surreptitiously sprayed down every inch of the area with Lysol disinfectant, more for my own psychological benefit than anything else.

Been reading The Order of the Phoenix....Harry's a lot more grown up in this book, as are Ron and Hermione. Harry's righteous indignation over the way he's been persecuted is coming out more as well, which is good--he had a lot bottled up. He's also got a love interest and Ron and Hermione I think are beginning to realize their mutual affection. Delicious.

Later mom and I are going to drive up and loiter around DC till it's time to pick up my youngest sister from the airport at 10:30 tonight. She's been in Guatemala with a group from church on a mission trip--coincidentally right after the mud slides happened (just slightly north of where they were) and as a result a lot of electricity is out in that country (hence my sister and crew have enjoyed humid, 90 degree plus days without AC). I expect to find her with a new-found appreciation of ice, fast food, and water that doesn't have to be boiled.

It's a lovely day and I'm going to throw open the windows, blast an 80's mix and get to organizing my room, as everything's all but stayed right where it was thrown since we moved last weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "stinks".

Sorry, it had to be said.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Kermit and Elektra said...

Happy days of cleaning and unpacking when all you want to do is read HArry and drink hot tea! Any photos of your new quarters?
~K.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home