31.5.06

Okay, so regular old Pepsi

Hare Krishna drums and chants blasted through the foggy evening as I bought a regular Pepsi in a little corner supermarket in downtown Ilidza (suburb of Sarajevo). I scanned the aisles and found that the store didn't carry my usual Coca Cola Light. Something like an urge to break my Pepsi streak made me purchase the 2 Liter bottle, tall, bullet-shaped, unlike the shorter, fatter bottles back home. I admit I had an incredible urge to hurl this bullet-shaped Pepsi bottle into the Krishna crowd as I walked by on my way to the tram depot, but instead I took it home and put it in the fridge, and opened it today. It's horribly sugary and coats my teeth--but it's absolutely delightful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to see Hare Krishna followers regularly- in airports, esp. and on university campuses-- Haven't seen any now for a long time- anywhere.
Do you see them often?

Mom

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home