6.11.06

Hail to the Redskins!

We beat Dallas in the fourth quarter yesterday! The Skins benefited from Dallas place kicker Mike Vanderjagt's fudged 35 yard field goal attempt that would have won it for Dallas. We then gained a 3 point victory on the turnover, the clock stopping with 22-19 Washington on the scoreboard. YYYEEEEE HAWWWW! I agree with you, Jon, beating Dallas, the team that Redskins and Redskin fans absolutely ABHOR, completely makes up for this not-so-hot 3 and 5 season.

The Redskins still have a chance at the playoffs because of this win. But they have to be undefeated from here on out. So it's basically sudden death--Jon, for as long as they last, we have a phone date. Come on, Gibbs, fight for all D.C. next week! We are watching and praying!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I don't have a clue what you're going on about - some kind of ball game we don't have in this country? And I usually understand your blog relatively well! However, I am hailing... ;)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Welshy: Yep, us crazy American football fans...I have been loyal to the Washington Redskins since about age 5--I don't remember a Sunday afternoon or evening that I wasn't hunched in front of the television with my family over a bowl of chips and salsa, screaming at the Redskins to score. It's funny because I usually don't follow sports, but the Redskins have always been in my blood.

I truly enjoy watching European football, though--do you watch? That World Cup was crazy--did you catch the whole head-butting incident?

8:55 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Love love love football! (European football, seemingly! ;) ) I did catch the world cup and its headbutting craziness! I also love rugby though - much friendlier game (apart from the on-pitch brawls, that is!)

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will put an end to my Redkins' directed imprecatory prayers, just for your sake.

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I have not checked your blog in a while, I wanted to say what a great entry! Its been a tough season indeed, but I can take comfort that Dallas will probably choke and miss the playoffs too.

For those who are European football fans and aren't familiar with American football, just know that the fundamental aspects of the two sports are the same; a bunch of guys are running around chasing a guy with a ball, and to be a great team you have to win more often than you lose.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home