21.11.06

Up a notch

So I decided a couple of weeks ago that my progress in language learning has been going wayyy too slowly. The first stage I went through upon this realization was depression, then annoyance, then frustration, then resolve, and finally, gross determination to progress more quickly. So, here goes!

My Bosnian tutor and I have been voraciously attacking the 7 cases--we're on the akuzativ and dativ (accusative and dative) cases now. I am confused and ignorant, but determined! Last night I dreamed in Bosnian--people wiser than me have said that when I truly begin to understand the language I will begin to dream in that language...I hope so.

Right now I am crazily trying to memorize vocabulary and praying ceaselessly for supernatural knowledge, as in the book of Acts. At the moment I feel like a walking Tower of Babel.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

You could make yourself a blog on which to write only in Bosnian...? I often think about doing the same with German. And you don't have to share that blog with anyone if you don't want to! Well done for all the effort though. I recognise the depression-frustration thing all too well!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Dorothy Marner said...

You can do it!

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!! HAhahaha! hhhhaaaaahahaha!!!!haaaaaaaaa


That picture!!

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home