13.11.06

Worship

This morning Kathryn and I were talking about the sound of the music in the Balkan region--about how there seems to be a desperation, anger, and urgency in the voices and instruments. And in the worship here, there is a tremendous sound of lamentation.

Matt Redman prays at the end of a song he wrote titled Can A Nation Be Changed, "Hear the cry of the desperate, Lord!" That is the essence of music here--cries of the desperate. That is why I often cry during worship--I'm not just playing notes on the cello and Neno is not just strumming chords on his guitar--our instruments and our voices are revealing the groanings of the Father for this land that are too deep for words.




"My eyes will flow without ceasing, without respite, until the Lord from heaven looks down and sees; my eyes caused me grief at the fate of all the daughters of my city."
Lamentations 3: 49-51

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really awesome Rebekah. I want to be there with you so bad and play the drums and whhhhatever.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home