28.11.06

Did you know that simply having someone come to fix your leaky sink and shower can constitute an instant marriage proposal? "Hi, my name is Sefir the plumber, and I'd like to be your husband today." Kat suggested this morning that I grab Patrick's picture and shove it at the guy, and say, "Look, here he is." and let him think I was married. I am not that quick on my feet, however, and had already told him I was single before I had a chance to borrow Patrick for a few minutes.

Anyway, it evokes some sypmathy, meeting these lonely guys who probably try that "Will you marry me?" stunt with every hapless single foreign girl whose showers they fix, but let me just say, I was glad that Kat was here to laugh with me about it.

The guy went out to the car to get some tools for a Bosnian 10 minutes (25-30 minutes), and I think he may also be stopping at the floral shop to further attempt to win me. Be still, my heart!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Killing myself laughing girl!
I was once approached at a bus stop in Leeds by a Hungarian man who wanted to be my husband; that was scary too. He introduced himself as "Olaf" to which I so nearly responded "ooh, that means 'slow' in Welsh"...

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, You should tell him that you will marry him only if he will admit all that matters in life is bean dip!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home